For better or for worse.
Bryce got me a new camera.
I love it! Oh my goodness I love it.
But now I have a problem of too many pictures.
In the few weeks that I have had it, I have over 500 pictures saved. That's after going through and deleting and deleting and deleting and deleting pictures.
Here are a few select pictures from my first few days with my new camera.
.JPG) |
| This cutie got the first picture after I waited forever for the battery to charge. |
.JPG) |
| I goof off, messing with settings and end up with lots of cute pictures of my girls that I don't delete. Like this one. |
.JPG) |
| And this one. |
.JPG) |
| And this one. |
.JPG) |
| I play while they play, and then I like the picture. |
.JPG) |
| And end up posting two very similar pictures to our blog (but there are even more on my camera). |
.JPG) |
| I take pictures of our poinsettia. |
.JPG) |
| And my poor husband (but look, our walls are their actual color! Our old camera turned them yellow). I can play around with the shutter speed and aperture and ISO and exposure. I have power with this camera, which leads to some hugely overexposed/underexposed/grainy/blurry pictures (those are easy to delete). |
.JPG) |
| I have pictures of her moving towards and away from me on the swing. All the while grinning. |
.JPG) |
| How do I choose which pictures to keep??? |
.JPG) |
| I can capture moments like this, so I keep on snapping pictures. |
.JPG) |
| Which of these pictures do I keep?? |
.JPG) |
| They are all so similar. Yet slightly different. |
.JPG) |
| And I'm still breaking it out for sweet moments like this (Baby insists on sitting at the table with us). |
.JPG) |
| And this (they wave goodbye to Daddy every. single. morning). |
And so I have this beautiful, yet time consuming/gigabyte space consuming problem of too many pictures.
It's a problem I can live with.
P.S. I'll try to have more restraint in the future with pictures.
P.S.S. I seriously would love advice about what pictures you are glad you kept, photo organization tips, etc. I've always been a big photo taker. My abundance of photos is honestly overwhelming.
2 comments:
Yay DSLR!!! I'm so excited to have another hobby to share with you. :) Your pictures look amazing! I'm impressed you've already been learning about shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and exposure! It took me a while to learn what each meant. We back all our pictures up on a terabyte external hard drive so we can keep all of them. I'll sometimes go through them and put all of my favorite in a folder and keep them on the main computer. We used to label everything by the activity in the pics, but those are hard to go through. I think it's better to make a folder for year, then inside make more folders for the day you upload. Your girls are adorable! We're excited to see you next week! Kez keeps telling me Kalysta is better and we can go over now.
Sorry so long and confusing...
Post a Comment